VFX Artist | CFX
As a CFX Artist at Untold Studios, you will be responsible for creating a broad range of effects that work well with stylised CG and photorealistic characters/creatures. You have an excellent eye for detail and can work across a variety of projects spanning advertising, long-form and Real-time. You create effects that look believable and are consistent with the overall look and feel of every individual project. You are comfortable building scalable, team-friendly CFX set-ups and thrive when working as a part of a team.
We are committed to supporting you and your ongoing development. We will work closely with you to establish a personal progression plan. You are never on your own.
- You produce a wide variety of effects in Houdini, including but not limited to; muscles/skin, cloth, hair and fur.
- You have a good understanding of setting up and running muscle and skin simulations in Houdini.
- You can balance the desired level of aesthetic quality with technical accuracy & often explore different approaches to interpret complex creative briefs.
- You have experience working with Vellum to develop your cloth and hair simulation skills.
- You work with sculpt tools to include additional detail and cleanup to finalise simulation work
- You contribute to discussions around Houdini CFX pipeline and tools.
- An understanding of Python and VEX is desirable as is any experience using PDG.
Untold Studios is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment regardless of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief or disability (whether registered as disabled or not). If you would like to know more about how we approach equal opportunities, please let us know.