VFX Artist | Lighting
As a lighting artist you will be responsible for creating lighting setups for a variety of projects, from matching CG assets into live action plates through to full CG shots. You will be responsible for asset lookdev, through the creation of texture maps and shader networks. You will have an excellent eye for detail and a good understanding of rendering and lookdev techniques and technologies in industry standard software.
We are committed to supporting you and your ongoing development. We will work closely with you to establish a personal progression plan. You are never on your own.
- You enjoy maintaining a working knowledge of a range of rendering software and shader development in Houdini, alongside asset creation software, eg. Substance, Mari etc.
- You have the ability to assemble lighting scenes from various discipline departments using the asset pipeline.
- You are receptive to creative briefs, attending dailies and interpreting and addressing constructive feedback.
- You apply your knowledge of CG techniques and artistic principles to the creation of your own or pre-existing setups.
- You have the ability to apply colour space theory (ACES) in all aspects of the rendering pipeline and an understanding of physically plausible shader creation.
- You can create rough comps from your render passes and AOV’s before they are passed to compositing.
Untold Studios is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment regardless of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief or disability (whether registered as disabled or not). If you would like to know more about how we approach equal opportunities, please let us know.